Earth & Environment One Add-on | Homeschool Science Curriculum ebook
Format: PDF, black & white interior (Available only as an eBook.)
Grade level: appropriate for 1st-4th grade
Materials: For the most part, all lab materials are household items. Please refer to the Supplies tab for items that are not commonly found in households.
Earth & Environment 1 Add-on?
Written by REAL Science Odyssey author Blair Lee, Earth & Environment 1 Add-on is intended to be used as an add-on course to Earth & Space 1. This add-on includes many of the labs and lessons found in Earth & Environment 1 that incorporate three new thematic elements not found in Earth & Space 1.
What are the new elements?
- Scientific modeling: There has been a movement to teach the practice and vocabulary of scientific modeling in all science classes, particularly Earth and environmental science. Scientific modeling at its most basic is done when a complex system is simplified so that specific elements within that system can be studied. This leads to a more solid understanding of the specific elements and a deeper, more nuanced understanding of the system as a whole.
- During the past decade there has been a concerted movement by science educators to include environmental science as a thematic element when teaching Earth science. Earth & Environment 1 has woven environmental science topics throughout the updated course. An important topic now covered in this course is global warming and how that is causing climate change.
- Focused definitions of core science terms and phrases that have significant differences of meaning from regular and scientific use.
RSO Earth & Environment 1 ADD-ON | Scope and Sequence
- What is Earth science?
- Earth has four “spheres”
- Age of Earth
- Geologic timeline
Atmosphere & Hydrosphere
- Air pollution
- Water pollution
- Cloud types
- Tectonic plate movement
- Forces that shape the earth: earthquakes and volcanoes
Weather & Climate
- Climate versus weather
- Climate change
- Shrinking my carbon footprint
- Forces that erode rock: water, ice, and living things
- Human causes of erosion
Important Copyright Information: You are purchasing a license to use the PDF for your own children. You may make copies for your own children, but you may not share (email, download, print and distribute, resell, etc.) this eBook or any portion of this eBook to others.
Licensing is available for group, school, and co-op use. Please contact Pandia Press for details on group licensing ([email protected]).